How to Conceive a Boy or Girl Baby at Conception : The baby gender prediction calculator includes various methods to try, including the Shettles method, to conceive a boy or girl child. Until now, there is no scientific evidence and validation of the most effective methods for determining the sex of the baby before conception. Conception is most likely to happen if sex is done before ovulation, and timing plays a big role in successful conception.
Most of the hi-tech methods of choosing the sex of our babies are very expensive and/or invasive, however, in this age of advanced technology, there are many home methods that we can use to determine the sex of our babies during pregnancy .
What is the best way to conceive a female or male child?
Being a medical doctor, and as a result of some research and discussion with my professors, I personally suggest The Shettles Method (see below).
How to Conceive a Boy or Girl Baby at Conception
What is ovulation and conception?
Ovulation is a process that occurs in the ovary and is the process by which the ovaries release the ovum for fertilization. This usually occurs around day 14 of the menstrual cycle and is controlled by luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone. An oviparous egg remains viable within the system for about 2-3 days before disintegrating. Conception is most likely to happen if sex is done prior to ovulation, and timing plays a big role in successful conception.
Biologically, conception is defined as the moment when a sperm cell from a male breaks up an ovum, or egg, from a female.
Shettles Conception Method
Basically, males produce two types of sperm, X (female) and Y (male). According to Dr. Shettles’ study, y-sperms are smaller, weaker, but faster than their siblings, x-sperms, which are larger, stronger, but slower.
Based on this fact, you can do several things to “favour” the conception of boys or girls:
(1) The most important aspect of all is the timing of intercourse during the menstrual cycle.
The closer you have sex to ovulation (ovulation calculator), the better your chances of having a boy, because Y-sperm are faster and reach the egg earlier. If you have sex 3 days or more before ovulation, your chances of conceiving will be better, because weak y-sperm die early and x-sperm is available in greater quantity each time an egg is released. Will be On the other hand, having sex 2 days before ovulation, until a few days after ovulation, is better to conceive a boy. Around the 2-day point 48 hours before ovulation, the 50/50 mark seems to occur.
(2) The pH of the female tract is also very important.
The more acidic environment favors the chicks, as it will kill the weaker y-sperms first, leaving a greater number of x-sperms available to fertilize the egg. On the other hand, a more alkaline environment favors boys.
Shettles recommends a douche of water and vinegar (acid) just before intercourse to favor a girl; A douche of water and baking soda (alkaline) will help for a boy. (Don’t try this without reading Shettles! You’ll need to dilute the douches exactly according to his formula, or they won’t help and could hurt you.)
Note: Some women are naturally very acidic and have difficulty conceiving boys.
(3) Mating position and depth of penetration are important, partly due to pH.
The closer to the entrance to the vagina, the more acidic the woman’s tract is. Plus, deeper penetration keeps sperm closer to the egg, and gives those aggressive boy sperms a head start. So, a shallow penetration will favor girls – and a deeper one will favor boys. Shettles recommends missionary-position for a girl and rear-entry (dog-style) for a boy.
(4) Women’s orgasms can also be important.
It also has to do with pH. When a woman orgasms, the body releases a substance that makes the environment more alkaline, favoring boys. He recommends not having any orgasms when trying for girls!
(5) Sperm count is another factor.
Obviously, low sperm count is not in favor of sex initially. But higher sperm count favors boys. Shettles recommends three things:
- When trying for a boy, do not have sex for 3-4 days before reaching the target date, a day or two before ovulation! For girls, have sex daily from day = 1 or day = 5 (“cleaner”), and stop for 3 days before ovulation.
- Shettles recommends that for boys, men wear only loose underwear, that is, men who usually wear briefs or other tight underwear should switch to boxers. The idea is the same as what boxers wear to increase overall fertility, the testicles require cold temperatures for sperms to survive, and Y-sperms, because they are vulnerable, can be used by this method for X-sperms. More than sperms will be helped. However, Shettles does not recommend the opposite, that men wear briefs for a girl, this would reduce overall fertility.
- Also, for a girl, the man should take a hot bath immediately before intercourse. “Room temperature” is fine for a boy. The idea is similar to briefs versus boxers, give X-sperms an advantage.
(6) Finally, in a boy’s attempt
Shettles recommends a good cup of caffeinated coffee for the man right before sex – he’s not clear on how or why this works, but apparently it shocks the Y-sperms!
Summary of the Conception Methods of How to Conceive a Boy or Girl Baby at Conception
- To conceive: have sex 3 days or more before ovulation – intercourse position: missionary – no female orgasm – related to sperm count, have sex everyday and stop 3 days before ovulation – right before sex First, the female should take a bath with warm water mixed with a solution of vinegar and water to destroy the Y sperm and favor the X sperm.
- To conceive a child: have sex close to ovulation (less than 2 days) – mating position: rear entry or dog-style – female intercourse – related to sperm count, when trying for a boy, sex up to 3 Do not – 4 days before reaching the target date (a day or two before ovulation) – Just before sex, the woman should take a bath with a solution of water and baking soda and the man should take a cold water bath favoring the Y sperm should do.
Until now, there is no scientific evidence and validation of the most effective methods for determining the sex of the baby before conception. However, these SHETTLES methods are most appropriately accepted by medical professionals. And, most importantly, there is no harm in wasting money with these methods, so why not give them a try?
Will I have a boy or a girl baby?
Just for Fun – A Chinese Baby Gender Predictor!
Already pregnant and want to know if you are having a boy or a girl? This ancient Chinese chart is said to “predict the sex of your baby based on your Chinese lunar age at the time you became pregnant and the Chinese lunar month in which you conceived…